Powered By Blogger

Monday, June 28, 2010

DOWN WITH WHITEY!!!!!

     After a quick visit to the Glenwood Avenue location for some complimentary x-rays (just to make sure everything is a-OK with the back and hips) it's back to visit Dr. Josh for the results of my body composition analysis. It's hard to explain the results because there are all these science-y words on my analysis report (Phase Angle, Basal Metabolic Rate, Intra-cellular Water, etc) and science has never been my thing.  But basically the most important parts of the worksheet (to me anyways) were the parts that showed EXACTLY how much water I need per day (Not just what a female in her *cough* 30s needs, but how much I need specifically); how many calories I burn at rest and how many I burn when I'm active; the total amount of water in my body (33.4 Liters FYI); my BMI (body mass index) and facts like that.

Dr. Josh is like that cool teacher you had growing up who explained boring material in a fun and understandable way.  He walks me through my composition report, patiently answering all of my questions and didn't get frustrated at my requests to explain things 2 or 3 (or 7) times.  Here's the basic points of what he said:

1) Drink 1/2 my weight (in ounces) in water.  Meaning if you weighed 100 lbs (I don't even REMEMBER weighing 100 lbs. but just stay with me) you need to drink 50oz of water a day.
2) Avoid white anything. white foods = bad.  Down with Whitey!!! (Come on . . . you know that was funny.  Go ahead and laugh)
3) Eat foods that spoil quickly and eat 5-6 small meals per day

Dr. Josh asked me to create a grocery list and even offered to look over it the next day to make sure I was getting all the right foods.  I take a gander at the "good foods" handout he gave me (was paper always this heavy??? My body is STILL sore!). I have to say, I got a little choked up knowing I was going to have to break-up with Cheese-its. But aside from Cheese-its being absent, the list does have a lot of foods that I had almost forgotten that I liked. This might not be soooo terrible.  I swear if Dr. Josh was anywhere else besides the gym, I'd probably check in with him once a year or less.  But since he's right here at Rapid Fitness anyways, we decide that I will check in with him once a week to see how things are going, plan my grocery list, and to weigh in (NOOOOOOOO!!!). So glad he's so convenient.  I am PUMPED!!! Oh wow! I'm being optimistic?? Check outside folks, its gotta be a full moon tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment