Powered By Blogger

Thursday, August 26, 2010

H.T. and Dolores

Meet H.T. and Dolores:



   H.T. is 88-years-old and his wife, Dolores, is. . . . a couple years younger.  Dolores is a real Southern lady.  Real ladies never tell their real age. Did I mention I just turned 33??

  These two come to the gym every day.  Ev-e-ry day.  They walk. They lift weights. They get on the bike.  H.T. often brings in poems that are humorous reminders for everyone to "eat right and keep it tight so you too can see the next days light".  Dolores asks us all how we are doing and compliments our accomplishments (no matter how small) like only a grandma can.

   While some of my fitness "heroes" are the models in the pages of Shape, H.T. and Dolores are a pair of real fitness heroes.  They are what fitness is really all about: Helping you lead a long and active life.

   Whenever I find myself without energy and tell myself  "I can't today", I try to think of H.T. and Dolores.  Odds are, they've either already worked out or are getting ready to work out.

   Workouts don't always have to be about lifting the most (Hear that Trainer X???) or running the fastest or the longest.  The most important thing is that you do it, a little bit every day so you can see quite a few "next days' lights"


P.S.  I think I'm going to write Shape magazine and ask them to make Betty White a cover model.  Just to remind their readers what it's really all about.

  

No comments:

Post a Comment