Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

$4.04 Meal

Anytime I see some pretty cheap items in the grocery story that together would make a pretty great meal, I'm going to post my findings.  The goal is to inspire you to avoid the drive through window!! You CAN find something healthy, filling and edible for the price of a McDonalds Value Meal.



$2.79 ground chicken
$1.25 steam fresh veggies (carrots, watercress, broccoli)
______

$4.04 (plus tax)


The ground chicken made about 3 decent sized chicken burger patties.  The package of veggies was a 4 serving (really 2 serving in my opinion) package.  I didn't use any fancy seasonings, just Mrs. Dash.

It was YUMMY!!! AND enough food for lunch and dinner. 

1 comment:

  1. I love this, I would have to add a half a sweet potato cuz I need my "good" carbs ;)

    ReplyDelete